Lip Product Addict Tag

Hi I'm Emily and I'm an addict.

An addict to lip products that is! Well, and maybe a few tv shows such as Orange is the New Black which I junk watched fyi… (ooh maybe a post on my favourite shows of the moment would be good? or not, because I would just ramble.)
However, getting back to the serious matter at hand here, lip products!

So let's start…

1. Favourite Balm/Treatment
This is hands down the By Terry Baume de Rose, creamy and non-sticky it instantly smooths and moisturisers my lips, leaving a gorgeous light pink tint on my lips.


By Terry Baume de Rose

2. Best eye-catching Red
I'm not a big red lip wearer, and in all honesty I got rid of most of my red lipsticks. The only one that stuck was the MUFE #43 Moulin Rouge, Rouge Artist Intense lipstick. It's a bright, orange based lipstick that is extremely opaque.

Make up for ever #43 Moulin Rouge, Rouge Artist Intense

3. Best Luxury & Best Drugstore
I absolutely love the Giorgio Armani lipsticks, in all the formulas. My favourite being Rouge D'Armani Sheer in 505, it is a gorgeous baby pink colour.
I also love the Lipstick Queen lipsticks, especially the formulas of the Endless Summer lipsticks and the Jungle Queen lipstick- also gorgeous shades.

For drugstore lip products it has to be Revlon in general. I have multiple products by them, but the majority is the chubby stick style products. Matte, glossy, or the normal balm form- all brilliant!

Giorgio Armani - Rouge D'Armani - 505
Lipstick Queen - Endless Summer, shades "Perfect Wave" and "Stoked"
Lipstick Queen - Jungle Queen
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm
Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm

4. Best MAC Lipstick
I tend to not wear mac lipsticks anymore, not because I hate them but because I've found alternatives that I love. However, if I had to pick one, and I do, it would have to be morange

MAC Amplified Cream - Morange

5. The Most Disappointing
Smashbox Heat Wave Summer 2013 lip enhancing gloss set. Now, the colours are absolutely fantastic… there's a soft pink, a hot fuchsia, a bright orange, and then coppery-bronze shade. The applicator is doe foot style, except it is a little larger than usual. I had high hopes, but as soon as I put them on my lips they were way too sticky! The stickiness overpowered the lovely colour. Also, the large applicator made it a little difficult to apply the product, making it messier than it should have been.

Smashbox Heave Wave Summer 2013 Lip Enhancing Gloss Set
Shades: Electric Orange, VIP Pink, Fuchsia Flash, Copper Remix

6. Liner - yes or no?
I'd love to say yes, but it's a no. I own 3 in total - a nude, a pink, and a dark plum. I tend to not wear them because I prefer a more relaxed look however there are times when I just want a more defined lip. Especially when it comes to the dark lipsticks I love in winter. 

Boots No7 Precision Lip Pencil - Nude
Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Lip Liner - Eastend Snob
MAC Lip Pencil - Nightmoth

7. Best Gloss
Buxom Full-On Lip Cream.. hands down. It's as suggested, it's creamy and smooth to apply, it is a plumping product though so it has a cold tingly effect. It smells of peppermint- which I love.

If you're adverse to plumping glosses then my second in command is definitely Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer lip glosses. They come in creamy formulas or shimmery, or even glittery is you're a fan of that.

Buxom Full-On Lip Cream - "Lavender Cosmo" and "Berry Blast"
Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer - "161 Bagatelle" and "179 Murmure"

8. Something Extra
I'll call this my notable mention(s)…

The Lanolips brand as a whole!

Lanolips 101 Ointment is another Holy Grail product for me. The website says "*Multi-Award Winning* Rediscover the magic of lanolin in this heavy-duty, 100% natural ointment like no other. Lanolips 101 Ointment is the purest of pure wonder ointment, made with Lanolips’ exclusive 100% Ultra Pure Grade Lanolin. This magical multi-purpose product has multiple uses such as extremely chapped lips, dry cuticles, dry, itchy skin, dry nasal passages and more."
It's also animal cruelty free- which is an added bonus! It really does do what it says, I use it for lips and elbows and pretty much any other dry patch I find… go out and treat yourself to some, it's a miracle worker!
(However my tube did break, so it is now houses in a travel pot, which in my opinion works just as well)

They also do the coloured glosses, which work just as well as lip treatments, except you can choose from muted pinks to a red or even a coral. Oh and let's not forget Lemonaid Lip Aid and Lanolips Banana Balm 3-in-1… both amazing!


Lanolips: 101 Ointment
                   

                   Banana Balm 3-in-1
                   Lemonaid Lip Aid
                   Lip Ointment With Colour SPF




Thank you Essiebutton (Estée) and Amelia Liana for creating this tag for all us addicts out there!
Watch their video here!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments