My Summer Face

Summer time comes around and it's time to change up your face. Here's the rundown of my summer makeup...
Most people tend to ditch the foundation in the summer months, but I find that BB and CC creams are too much for my oily skin. My foundation of choice is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, it's lightweight but gives a medium to full coverage, but somehow still looks natural. I set my foundation with the Ben Nye Cameo powder, it's super fine milled and doesn't give a powdery look, but keeps my oily t-zone matte. I also use MAC Studio Finish concealer and Benefit Erase Paste, both creamy. The first is used for blemishes and the Erase Paste is for my under eye. 


I flit between my Nars Laguna Bronzer and Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer for the obvious bronzing of the face. Sometimes I use both, just because it gives a really nice sun kissed finish. I use Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for my blush, and depending on the day I either use Pale Pink or Calypso Coral. Both set really nicely, looking natural on my pale skin. They can go on really lightly or really bright depending on the application. I use my fingers most of the time for application, but a stippling brush also does a nice job. 

Brows are my best friend at the moment and I love Soap and Glory Archery in combination with the Maybelline Brow Drama brow gel. Archery adds definition and colour to my brow, where the gel sets my brows with a tint of colour. They look natural as far as I'm aware and I love it. 

I've been doing my eyes more natural recently, I've been using the Smashbox Limitles 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Rose Gold and then I use the Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Blonde which I usually use as a crease colour. If I want to add a bit of drama then I use the Bare Minerals loose eyeshadow, but the colour has rubbed off. I received a sample of the YSL Babydoll Mascara and it's amazing… I get defined eyelashes, each lash is separated and they look really long.

Oh I forgot to mention the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal… my favourite highlighter at the moment, it's creamy and smooth and looks like I'm glowing. LOVE.

As far as lips are concerned, I change it up most days… look to my previous post to see some of my favourites!

Thank you for reading,

Emmy Lou x




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments