Winter Beauty Favourites

Living in England the weather during winter becomes horribly cold, windy, and wet! And yes, some people may be thinking "England is always like that" and I agree, it is... however there is something about the winter months that dries even the oiliest of complexions, the cold winds biting at whatever skin is exposed! Therefore I am going to shed some light on what products I change up for this weather and what works best for me.

I do have an oily complexion however I find that during winter parts of my face decides to become like the desert, drying up to a flakey mess. For this reason I have been mixing two moisturisers, and although they aren't my absolute holy grail they have been doing their job!
These two products are the Yes To Tomatoes Daily Balancing moisturiser and the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free moisturiser.  I haven't detected any unusual break-outs from using these which is expected for they are for oily skin, however they give the moisture that is needed.

My hair also suffers at this time of year therefore I have been treating it to masks and oils! My two favourites are the Schwarzkopf Essence Ultîme Intensive Mask and the L'Oréal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Mist for Fine Hair. I have been using the mask twice weekly during shower time, it suggests using it for 1 minute but I have been keeping it on for around 3-4 minutes and it works perfectly. I then use the oil daily after styling my hair, or just before bed the morning before a shower for extra nutrition. My hair I believe is noticeably softer and hasn't been brittle during the dry cold weather.

My next favourites are makeup based...

Nars Sheer Glow foundation is probably one of my most favourite foundations of all time, however this winter it seems to be working extra time! It is staying on all day, not budging, lovely coverage, and as the name suggests- has been giving me a beautiful glow in the dull weather.

Next is the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel... I was having a tough time with this during the summer months so I put it to one side and completely forgot I owned it. Then voilà, I remembered about it, decided to try it, and now I remember why I purchased it. Not only does it go on smoothly and is buildable, but it also stays on all day, not budging - which is perfect for this time of year.

Tarte's Amazonia Clay 12-Hour Blushes are amazing, and I happen to town 'Achiote' a peach/apricot/pink toned blush. It stays on all day as suggested, gives a lovely winter glow, blends lovely and overall has an even finish. I shall definitely be purchasing more colours.

I tend to change my brow products up all the time, however since summer I have religiously been using the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde, and yes I know I am not a blonde (no where near in fact), but the tone is lovely and it too doesn't budge all day either... I cannot falter it!

Lastly to do with makeup are my holy grail lip products of the past month or so... drum roll please...

The By Terry Baume de Rose and its new cousins Baume de Rose Nutri Couleur have been my go to lip products of choice. I now own the original and four of the colours 'Rosy Babe' 'Mandarina Pulp' 'Cherry Bomb' and 'Toffee Cream'. Although pricey, they are moisturising, smooth, beautifully scented balms that go on sheer but can build to a lovely colour and I think they are worth every penny. Admittedly I haven't been using 'Mandarina Pulp' as much because I find it a bit too summery for this time of year, however the others are absolutely divine and I 100% will be picking up one of the other shades this weekend at Space NK! Watch out for a full review of these products!

Lastly, I have a home favourite!

This time of year needs to be filled with festivity (for me personally), and I find the best way to create a comfortable and cosy atmosphere is to fill a room with candlelight. I am obsessed with tea lights and their holders, and I purchased two little red houses and two copper holders for tea lights. I am also obsessed with scented candles and my choice of candle this year has been the Yankee Candle brand with my favourite scent 'Black Coconut'. It has the smell of coconut however it is blended with the scent of spices and woody notes which add a wintery feel to what would be a summer smell and I love it! If I was however still living in Abu Dhabi my candle of choice would definitely be the White Barn candles especially the scent 'Sandalwood Citrus'.

Let me know about some of your favourites!

Love,

Emily Louise
x

Comments