Trusty Monthly Favourites! (May)

Yes, it's late.. I'm sorry!

So for the whole of May I used these products on and off, but I absolutely loved them.. so here's the rundown!

 Clockwise  (from top left):

  • Rimmel Stay Matte powder (shade 004 sandstorm)
  • MAC Solar Bits (shade impassioned)
  • MAC Paint Pot (constructivist)
  • Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow (quartz)
  • Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch
  • MAC Eye Kohl (powersurge)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil (stash)
  • Benefit Sun Beam
  • Dior Crême De Rose smoothing plumping lip balm
  • Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzer (aka chocolate bronzer, shade 52)
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (achiote)
  • Chanel Lêvres Scintillantes Glossimer (161 Bagatelle)
  • Dior Jelly Lip Pen (476 Ilhabela)
  • Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (01)
  • Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge (11 Pale Pink)


Starting with eyes:
I've been lovely neutrals, browns basically.
I absolutely adore cream eye products, especially these two.. constructivist is a lovely chocolate brown shade and quartz is like a rose gold colour (reminds me of bare study by mac but with a more gold edge).
The eyeliners are beautiful also, look how small they've gotten from all the use! :(
Stash is a lovely khaki green, I use this on my upper lash line with powersurge (a gold brown) on the lower lash line, or sometimes I mix the two, it looks so beautiful.
Impassioned solar bits are bits of metallicy awesomeness- and luckily this smooths on perfectly!




Lips:
The Dior lip balm is gorgeous, a little goes a long long way and it has this faint rose scent, stunning! It also leaves my lips an amazing light rosey tint.
The light perfector by Clarins isn't as creamy as the Dior lip balm, and it's a little darker, but it's just as moisturising and it's amazing!
This was the only Jelly Lip Pen left at all the counters I checked- I repeat THE ONLY ONE LEFT, these must have sold like hot cakes! Anywho, it's a light pink uber glittery shade, perfect for days when you don't want a lot of makeup on but want some va va voom.
Finally, the Chanel glossimer is a baby blue toned pink but has gold shimmer running through it, keeping it pretty neutral, it's super pigmented and goes on lovely over balms and plain lips.





Finally, FACE:
The Rimmel Stay Matte powder works wonders on my oily/combination skin, a pretty good skin colour match, and yeah.. it's a powder!
Can I get a WOO for Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes? Super long-wear, and super duper pretty, achiote is a neutral pink, and looks lovely over the top of my Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in pale pink, très belle!
I've been getting into bronzer and highlighter a lot the past few months and even though I do love my Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel (the bronzing makeup base and the illuminator) but, I do love the Bourjois chocolate bronzer, it's a perfect shade for me, it's not super shimmery and it's not orange - can I get a Hallelujah? Also, Sun Beam - such a dupe for the chanel liquid illuminator, it gives such a subtle shine and lasts all through the day.
Finally, the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch is one of the best makeup bases/primers I've tried, it's similar to the L'oreal mousse-y primer, but this is a lot smoother and softer.




So, these were my favourites of May, and pretty much April...

Hope you liked the post!

Much love,

Emily Louise xx

Comments