An Unexpected Haul...& OOTD

I had an entire day to do nothing, so I decided to head into central London and see what I could buy. Of course I ended up in Selfridges, and then I had an epiphany and decided to go to Liberty too. I may have bought some unnecessary items, but hey ho it's my money!

Onto the purchases... 
So, 
Selfridges purchases:
  • Deborah Lippman - Glitter In The Air £18; a gorgeous light blue colour with rose gold and light blue glitter chunks (I hate the word chunks)
  • OCC Lip Tar - Queen £11.50; a hot pink lip colour, which I'm planning on mixing with…
  • OCC Lip Tar Matte- Hush £11.50; a light nude/pink 


Liberty purchase:
  • Nars Sheer Glow foundation - Light 4 Deauville £31; so excited to use this! I'll let you know how I get on.

Boots purchases:
  • Good Things Total Wipe Out cleansing wipes £3.49; they're free from parabens, sodium laureth sulphate, mineral oils, and animal ingredients. They seem ok, however I do always cleanse after I use a makeup wipe.
  • Good Things Manuka Honey daily moisturiser £7.99; with royal jelly and bee venom and also free of sodium laureth sulphate, mineral oils, and parabens. I'm in need of a good new moisturiser, so I'll test it for a couple of weeks and see what happens!
  • Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask £10.50; as recommended by Lily Pebbles, the tube does take it's toll on your skin, and I'll be working very long and very busy hours… I shall be testing this mostly on my t-zone. 
  • Ecotools Retractable foundation brush £9.99; this is to go with my Nars Sheer Glow.
  • Ecotools Airbrush concealer brush £5.49; for my concealer, as I seem to be putting it on a little too heavy at the moment.

And here is my OOTD, I've never done one of these so don't mind the shameless selfie in the full length mirror! ;)


Top - H&M organic cotton, Jeans - Topshop Joni, Shoes - White Converse, Bag - Louis Vuitton Speedy 3.0, Bracelet - Tiffany & Co, Rings - random jewellers.

Emmy Lou x


-QUICK UPDATE-
I tried the wipes to remove my makeup and everything seemed fine, however I did notice that they were fragranced strongly. I carried on but then my face started to feel a little tingly and hot so I went to check in the mirror. I am not even kidding when I say my face was bright sunburn/tomato red! I must have had an allergic reaction to these wipes because as I write this my face is on fire. I washed my face with a calming cleanser and now I have an intensive moisturiser on and a repair cream... Praying for the redness to be gone by the morning. 
This reaction may not happen with most people, but for a company to specify that it's good for sensitive skin, I was not expecting this reaction. This is just a warning to anyone who may have similar skin to me: combination/oily & sensitive. 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments